1. Do you have any hidden talents?
Anyone who knows me knows that I am an extremely talented typist.
2. Have you ever broken a bone?
Yes. When I was five years old, I broke the thumb on my right hand in a horrific bowling accident. And no, I'm not lying.
3. What is your favorite band?
The Beatles, naturally.
4. What sport do you like to watch on television?
Baseball. Any team, any game, any time.
5. What is your favorite movie?
The Bicycle Thief. If you haven't seen it, you should go out right now and get it. I love this movie so much that I once joined a band just because they were named The Bicycle Thief.
6. What is your favorite commercial?
Without a doubt, this Verizon commercial from a few years back is my all-time favorite. I love the tuba score, the girl's voice, and especially the "Hey Brad! Not Brad!" part.
7. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
I am a cat person. Here's a picture of my dear cat Grendel.
8. What is your favorite magazine?
The New Yorker
9. What is your favorite board game?
Scrabble, even though my wife always beats me.
10. What is the last book you read?
I just finished The Year of Magical Thinking, by Joan Didion, which was a devastating book. I highly recommend it. (And, if you have already read this book and enjoyed it, I would recommend reading Patrimony, by Philip Roth, which shares the themes of family, illness, loss, and death, but from a male perspective.)
And one more question!
11. What is your favorite painting?
Nude Descending a Staircase No. 2, by Marcel Duchamp. I saw this in Philadelphia when I was a young man, and couldn't believe my eyes. I would like to see it again.